A good makeup remover does not only remove the makeup from your face before you go to bed, but it also helps you get rid of dust, impurities and bacteria that adhere to the skin during the day. That is why makeup removers should be an important part of our daily beauty ritual.
However, like other cosmetic treatments, for the use of makeup removers we need to know our skin type. That way we will avoid damaging it.
Main characteristics and care of different types of skin:
A sensitive skin requires more care, unlike other skin types. You must know which products or ingredients to use and which ones not. Try to apply hypoallergenic cosmetics.
Characteristics of sensitive skin
The skin barrier is deficient and permeable and the type of skin is unstable. The sensitive skin tends to present tightness and it suffers from itching and irritation. Sometimes flaking and eruptions may occur and the skin stays dehydrated and dry, and last but not least, this type of skin is very sensitive when it comes to using different skin care products.
Care for sensitive skin
- Use special creams for the care of sensitive skin
- Use products that do not irritate your skin
- Apply a facial soap suitable for sensitive skin
- Use an exfoliant that cleans and purifies
- Apply a cream indicated to reduce imperfections, tightness and irritation
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Eat less caffeine
- Avoid temperature changes
- Avoid the sun and the wind
- Use sun protection
Having a clean skin is the best secret for perfect beauty. To achieve this, we recommend that you maintain a strict cleaning routine. You should never miss the makeup remover every day, this is one of the keys to good skin health.
Ideally, in addition to removing makeup, you can at the same time avoid bags under the eyes , spots, avoid wrinkles, pimples and pimples with homemade make-up removers.
While commercial make-up removers work wonders, many contain chemicals that are not conducive to certain types of skin.
This is why, it is best to use a homemade makeup remover made with natural ingredients. With which you will manage to hydrate the face and eliminate the heavier products that accumulate during the day.
Dry skin is caused by the loss of water, the lack of activity of the sebaceous glands, environmental factors, exposure to sunlight and the use of inappropriate products.
This complexion has a tendency to age faster than other types of skin. This favors the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines .
Characteristics of dry skin:
It is very thin and it has an opaque appearance. The pores of the skin are closed, giving a sensation of tightness. It is a type of skin that tends to flake and it lacks humidity as well as natural oils (lipids).
How to treat dry skin
- Use products rich in water and nutrients .
- Avoid soaps or cleansers that dry out the skin.
- Use a cleansing cream that hydrates the skin.
- Use a mild alcohol-free tonic .
- Include a moisturizer in the morning in the routine.
- Apply a nourishing cream at night .
- Take care of the lips, include them in the usual treatment.
- Apply nutritious masks at least every 15 days.
- Exfoliate the skin at least once a month.
Oily (Greasy) skin
Oily skin is common in women and it is most noticeable in adolescence. It is said that people suffer from it at least 1 or 2 times during their life. Although, sometimes it can last the whole life.
This type of skin presents problems with some makeup given its durability, however, has other advantages when it comes to highlighting our face. For example, thanks to the bait of the skin the makeup will not be opaque . But, you’ll need some tricks to show off a perfect finish, like using a pre-base to tinge the grease and make the makeup last.
Characteristics of oily skin
It has a bright appearance, which is a result of the high production of sebum, which on the other hand does not let wrinkles appear so soon. It is a type of skin that does not suffer from premature aging, but pimples and acne might appear more often, because the pores tend to stay more open.
Care for oily skin
- Use astringent tonics
- Apply grease-free sunscreen
- Use matte or special makeup for oily skin
- Renew the makeup, since it is absorbed easily
- When lying down clean your face with a neutral soap
- Nourish the skin with special creams for the type of oily skin
- Make chamomile or mint infusions to activate circulation
- Perform deep cleanings
So now that you know more information about the skin, and you’re able to determinate which type is your own, we will proceed to giving you a few recipes of natural makeup removers:
Lemon and chamomile makeup remover
This make-up remover allows to eliminate and reduce bags and dark circles that appear under the eyes
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml)
- ½ glass of chamomile tea (125 ml)
- Cotton balls
- In a bowl add the infusion of chamomile
- Allow it to cool
- Then add the lemon juice
- Moisten a cotton with the mixture
- Remove from your skin
Makeup remover of yogurt and lemon
This remover allows you to exfoliate the skin and remove spots on the skin.
- 1 spoonful of natural yogurt (10 gr)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml)
- Cotton balls or wipes
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl
- Moisten the cotton with the mixture
- Remove the makeup from your face, neck and neckline by applying circular massages
- Clean with a clean washcloth and cold water
Milk based makeup remover
Milk is an excellent makeup remover and is much cheaper than other removers. The fat and protein content of milk moisturizes the skin and retains moisture. It is ideal for people with dry skin.
- ½ cup whole milk (250 ml)
- 2 or 3 cotton balls
- Put the milk in a small bowl
- Immerse a cotton ball in the milk
- Tighten the cotton ball to remove the excess milk
- Rub the cotton ball in the face
- Finally rinse with water
Make-up remover with extra virgin coconut oil
Coconut oil is a unique element as a natural makeup remover for all skin types
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil (15 ml)
- 1 speck of cotton
- Rub the virgin coconut oil into the palm of your hand until it takes a liquid form
- Apply the oil on the entire face
- Make small massages
- Wipe the face with cotton
- Rinse the face with warm water to remove excess makeup and oil
- To clean the eyes, add oil to a cotton ball
People suffering from acne should not use coconut oil.
Remover based on glycerin, almond oil and roses
This recipe is ideal for people with oily skin, since glycerin and rose extract will close the pores. While the oil will give elasticity to the skin.
- 1 cup of pure glycerin (200 g)
- 1 cup of mineral water (250 ml)
- 20 drops of almond oil (1 ml)
- 15 drops of pure rose extract (15 ml)
- In a bottle with atomizer mix all the ingredients
- Beat the bottle very well to condense the mixture
- Leave it in the fridge overnight
- The next day, when you go to take off your makeup, spray the solution on your face
- Remove it with gauze or baby wipes in circular movements
- Be careful with your lashes so you do not break it
- Rinse with water
- Apply the lotions you normally use