1. Freeze jeans in a Ziploc bag to remove bad odors.
Odor-causing bacteria will die in freezing temperatures, and your denim’s dye won’t fade from overwashing.
2. Use a nail file to buff away tough dirt from suede shoes.
3. Get rid of an armpit stain with lemon juice and baking soda.
Squeeze fresh or concentrated lemon juice and water onto the stain and rub the mixture in. Allow the shirt to dry out in the sun for extra stain-removing power. For tough stains, create a paste of baking soda and water and apply to the stain. Let it sit for about an hour before throwing it into the wash.
4. Free a caught zipper by coloring the teeth on both sides with a crayon.
Just make sure the crayon is the same color as the zipper!
5. Pretreat a makeup smudge with shaving cream.
6. Put baking soda in sneakers to absorb sweat and odors.
7. Use Windex to shine patent leather shoes.
8. Put baby powder on an oil stain and let it soak up the oil overnight.
9. Stretch a pair of tight shoes by blow drying the tight area while wearing thick socks and the shoes.
10. Stop a loose button from unraveling with clear nail polish.
11. Use clear nail polish to stop a run in your stocking or tights.
12. Shave off sweater pills with a razor.
13. Restring a hoodie by attaching a safety pin to the end and using it as a guide.
14. Remove a scuff on a patent leather shoe with petroleum jelly and a Q-tip.
15. Replace a broken zipper pull with a key ring.